Things I Learned the Night of the New Moon
- Flying ointment + wine combo makes you think that nothing much is happening while you’re dancing and worshipping at the altar of the Liberator; it’s the hangover that brings clarity.
- Said hangover will consist of feeling like someone beat all your muscles with hard sticks for several hours, a headache, and the feeling that you woke up in a field covered in blood even when you didn’t.
- Dionysos is God of the Mind-Fuck.
- My playlist for Him needs to include way more dance-y songs so I don’t feel like an idiot trying to maenad-dance to slow sensual rock.
- Ritual is better when naked. At least, solitary ritual is.
- I’ve fallen in love. Again.
- I am really a maenad (or I have the potential to be); it’s not just wishful thinking anymore.
- I cannot do anything except sleep the day after I do ritual for Him.
Wish I could give y’all a more poetic recount of the ritual, but my mind is still kind of blown. It was very simple, too — bottle of wine, flying ointment, I said one of the hymns for Him, and danced like a madwoman in my bedroom. I also drank the entire bottle of wine except what you see in His glass in the picture. Dancing makes you thirstay.
Solstice ritual has been postponed on account of my recovering.